10th Training Series Available
on ServiceSkills Learning Platform!
Hi Friends,On Monday, November 16th we’re releasing an all new online training series titled, “How To Be A Terrible Team Member.”
I invite you to be amongst the first to review this new series.
“How To Be A Terrible Team Member” explores nine common dysfunctional workplace behaviors which are sure to frustrate and annoy coworkers.
Every team member should understand the difference between a feature and a benefit. An easy way to remember the distinction is that “features tell and benefits sell.”
Let’s look at the definition:
- A distinction or noticeable quality
- Something offered as a special attraction
- Anything that is helpful or advantageous
- Something that contributes to or increases well being
If a car dealer advertises about a model having “run flat tires” – that’s a feature.
Many years ago, Alan (Ace) Greenberg sent me a complimentary autographed copy of his new book,Memos from the Chairman. I was curious as to why he would do that – having never met him… but his note was paper clipped to a page which explained why he did.
The page he paperclipped was an article I had written a few months earlier that ran nationwide.(In this case “the Chicago Sun Times – Phone Dr.
by Jared Grafman
The vast majority of music and news businesses failed to adapt with the Millennial generation. As a result, the two industries are still, today, rebuilding essentially from scratch. Why did those businesses fail? What makes Millennials so different from Generation X or Baby Boomers?
Not much beyond technology.
Corporate America isn’t prepared yet to deal with this generation’s demands as consumers and employees.
For management training info on this topic, please learn about the “When Generations Clash” module which addresses issues related to Millennials in today’s workplace – in our What To Say When DVD series or as apart of the WTSW Mentoring Collection on ServiceSkills.com.
ServiceSkills empowers your team with the tools to master these communication concepts:
- 4 steps to handle & diffuse angry, upset and irate customers
- Recognize & capture cross-selling opportunities
- Business communication for phone, email, face-to-face & chat
- How the power of attitude helps resolve challenging situations
- Essential office etiquette & workplace manners strategies
- Effectively managing differences between the generations
- Replacing Five Forbidden Phrases® w/ Positive Alternatives
- Handling ethical dilemmas the moment they appear
- The six cardinal rules of customer retention and loyalty
- The importance of delivering Business Friendly℠ service
- How to respect & communicate effectively with co-workers
- Contrasts between passive, average & proactive service
- 6 ways to improve listening skills and deliver better service
- The personal philosophies of six service superstars
- How service after the sale builds customers for life
- When to use open-ended, closed-ended, probing & echo questions
- Deploying the Power of You during interviews & appraisals
- Why bringing an ‘observable level of enthusiasm’ is so important
- The distinction between features and benefits
- To be truly sensitive and empathetic to customer needs
- Management skills to better lead, coach and mentor others
- How to conduct more effective & engaging meetings
- The relationship between internal & external customer service
- plus hundreds more skills, strategies & techniques!
Give your supervisors and managers the tools they need to succeed!
Many organizations promote managers and supervisors based on strong performance in previous jobs. But too often the skills necessary to operate effectively at the management level don’t come naturally. Succeeding in a leadership position can be complex and tricky.
This instant customer service, team building, conflict resolution, leadership and communication training library will make your organization a world-class service provider!
Get The Works! and equip your organization with the skills & strategies to increase customer loyalty, reduce client attrition, improve teamwork and manage more effectively. A turnkey employee development training library.
Team Building, Conflict Resolution & Mentoring
What To Say When Workplace Communication Training DVD Series
Problems with workplace communication will lead to low productivity, high stress and stalemate between co-workers. Apathy or the status quo isn’t an effective strategy.
Introducing the What To Say When Workplace Communication Training DVD Series.
Human Resource expert Hugh Murray shares the tactics and logic needed to navigate a wide variety of workplace relationship dilemmas.
by Nancy Friedman, the Telephone Doctor
Yes, our Telephone Doctor customer service and communication training covers this as well.
This subject gets covered a lot; however, we want to reiterate some key points on both EMAIL and LIVE CHAT. Points that will make life easier for those who use these methods of communication.